Senior Software Engineer
On behalf of our client, Enigma People Solutions is seeking a contract senior software engineer to work on groundbreaking new technologies. An optical giant working on medical devices, my client is seeking a talented and driven individual to be part of a team to innovating and inventing products that will both change, and save, lives.
You will apply sound programming principles and Agile practices to specify, design, develop and test new software features of a system as part of a multi-disciplinary software team. You will also be responsible for maintaining existing software through bug fixes and major enhancements.
- Requirements capture and analysis- Participate in technical requirements capture and create specifications for new/updated software features ensuring they are precise, unambiguous and testable.
- Software design- Designs new software features and updates existing features, maximises re-use of concepts and existing assets, supports future re-use where required, and is maintainable
- Software quality- ensuring new code is well structured and identifying legacy code that needs restructured.
- Continuous Improvement- performing root cause analyses to identify and deliver improvements to development processes and practises.
Successful applicants will be in possession of the following skills:
- 4+ years’ experience in architecting, designing and developing software using Visual Studio
- C++ and Borland C++ (CodeGear Delphi IDE)
- Experience of using C++ boost
- Experience of using image processing libraries like opencv and lead tools.
- Good fundamental and hands on knowledge of MS SQL Server, MS Access and Python
- Experience in requirements capture and technical documentation generation
- Proven commercial experience of software development in an Agile environment
- Experience in performing unit and component testing of software modules
- Experience of applying continuous integration
- Experience of developing software in a test driven environment.
- Experience in using configuration management tools and bug reporting/resolution
Desirable skills are as follows:
- Commercial experience of application software development and project work in a regulated Medical Device, or equivalent environment
- Knowledge of DICOM standards and DICOM libraries.
This is a rare opportunity to join a well-established, highly successful and rapidly growing company on a six month contract. In return for your experience, you'll be met by a warm, collaborative atmosphere where your experience and versatility will be celebrated. Despite being part of one of the biggest optical companies in the world, my client has maintained their strong team culture and start-up mentality.
To grab this opportunity, use the link below to e-mail your CV to Ashleigh.